This is such an easy, quickly thrown together type of recipe.
Those times when you need to get something together in a flash or last minute.
Gluten Free Cranberry Apple Crisp
And as with most of the things I post, you can use regular flour (and sugar) in this recipe.
This recipe is mostly sugar free too, minus the can of cranberry sauce I used.
It may not look like much but it’s VERY tasty. :)
So to start, slice the apples and add the flour mixture to them. (recipe below)
Layer that into the baking dish.
Then add the cranberry sauce over top.
Top with the yummy oat topping…..
That’s it! SOOO easy.
This is what it looks like going into the oven….
…and what it looks like coming out….
Throw some vanilla ice cream on it while it’s warm…..
- 2-1/2 cups sliced apples (I like Granny Smith best)
- ¼ cup xylitol (or granular sweetener of your choice)
- ¼ cup flour (I used GF Pamela's Baking Mix)
- ¼ t cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice
- ⅛ t salt
- 1 can of plain cranberry sauce
- ½ cup ground oats (grind them in the blender to equal ½ cup) plus 2 T whole oats
- ½ cup flour (again, I used Pamela's)
- ½ cup xylitol (or granular sweetener of your choice)
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ tsp salt
- Slice the apples and place into a large bowl.
- Mix the flour, sweetener (sugar), and spices.
- Layer into a baking dish (I use 9x13)
- Spoon the cranberry sauce evenly over the apple mixture, set aside.
- Mix the topping ingredients together, cutting in the butter with a pastry cutter until crumbly.
- Sprinkle over the top of the cranberry sauce.
- Bake at 350 for approx 30-40 minutes or until browned.
- Serve warm with ice cream.
You may sub regular flour for the gluten free flour.
You may omit the cranberry sauce, if desired.
Related affiliate links you may like: