My husband and I love a restaurant called First Watch that opened up by us recently. (actually we have 2 now, both about 10 minutes in either direction! ;) )
We are regulars. ;)
Anyway, they have a Quinoa Power Bowl (with pesto) that is so YUMMY.
My husband loves it and gets it almost every time we go.
It’s fairly basic so I thought I’d try my hand at it.
Have you tried quinoa?
It’s a favorite around here. And it’s so versatile.
You can use it in place of rice for most dishes.
Here are a few other recipes of mine using quinoa:
Garlic Lemon Shrimp Quinoa w/Balsamic Reduction
Avocado, Corn & Quinoa Salsa
Curried Quinoa with Cranberries, Almonds & Raisins
Black Bean Quinoa Side Dish
See, told ya we liked it around here! ;)
Okay, so let’s cook the quinoa first. While that’s cooking make the pesto sauce. (I used a ready made pesto sauce as the base)
Set both aside.
Next, slice the cherry or grape tomatoes in half and saute in a little olive oil until roasted.
Then saute the slivered carrots for 2-3 minutes. Add the kale and cook until just slightly wilted.
You’ll cook the chicken with some of the pesto sauce and then toss everything together in the pan.
Add a couple tablespoons of the pesto sauce and heat everything up.
Place it in serving dishes and sprinkle with feta cheese and drizzle the remainder of the pesto sauce over top.
And enjoy! :)
This is pretty close to First Watch but not exact.
My husband and I were both pretty happy with how it turned out though.
PIN this Quinoa Power Bowl recipe to save for later!
- 4 Tbsp prepared pesto sauce
- 4 Tbsp Ranch dressing
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 2 cups baby kale
- 1 tsp salt (or to taste)
- Feta cheese
- 1-1/2 cups of cooked quinoa
- Prepare the quinoa first.
- While that is cooking mix up the pesto sauce. (4 T of prepared pesto sauce mixed with 4 T Ranch dressing)
- Set aside.
- Slice the tomatoes in half and saute in olive oil until just softened and slightly browned.
- Set aside.
- Using the same pan, saute the carrots for 2-3 minutes. Add the kale and cook until just slightly wilted. It will continue to wilt from the heat so don't cook too long.
- Set aside.
- Slice the chicken into small pieces and add to the pan along with a Tbsp of the mixed pesto sauce.
- Cook until done and then add the veggies and quinoa to the pan. Toss with half of the sauce. Warm through.
- Place into serving bowls, top with feta cheese and a drizzle of the remaining pesto sauce.
Hope you like it!
Related affiliate links you may like: