I have a delicious recipe to share with y’all today.
GLUTEN FREE PUMPKIN BREAD W/CREAM CHEESE FILLING
You can also make this with regular flour, if you like.
This is a recipe I’ve had and used for awhile. I used to make it with regular flour but thought I’d try it out gluten free.
So I modified it using GF flours and also added a yummy cream cheese filling.
You will make the batter as described in the recipe directions and then add half to the pan.
Make a little bit of a “well” with a spoon for the filling.
(a picture is worth a thousand words, right? ;) )
Then add the filling…..
Cover that gently with the remainder of the batter and bake.
It’s really good. I hope you guys enjoy it as much as we do!
That filling really gives it a little something extra.
I made this to share on the blog. I had planned to put it in the freezer for Thanksgiving Day.
Only half made it into the freezer!
We couldn’t stop ourselves. ;)
- ⅔ cup butter
- ¾ cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1-1/2 cup GF all purpose flour blend (I used Pamela's)
- 2 cups GF Baking mix (I used Pamela's)
- ½ cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
- 4 eggs
- 1 can pumpkin
- ⅔ cup water
- 2 tsp baking soda
- ¾ tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- Cream Cheese Filling:
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temp
- ½ cup sugar
- 3 T flour
- 2 eggs
- ½ tsp vanilla
- Cream the butter and gradually add the sugar.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time.
- Add the pumpkin and water, mix well.
- Combine the flour and other dry ingredients.
- Add the dry ingredients to the creamed mixture.
- Add the nuts, if desired and set aside.
- Cream 8 oz of room temperature cream cheese.
- Add in sugar, flour, vanilla and eggs. Mix well.
- Grease and flour a bundt pan.
- Pour half of the batter into the pan and make a well around the middle.
- Pour the cream cheese mixture into the center and gently cover with the remainder of the batter.
- Bake at 350 for approx 45-55 minutes. Be careful not to overcook. Testing will be somewhat difficult because of the filling.
- If it starts to brown too much on top (before it's done cooking) lay a piece of aluminum over the top and continue cooking.
Related affiliate links you may like: