I so planned to have more recipes over here on this blog than this but my other blog, Artsy Chicks Rule, keeps me hopping! ;)
BUT I do have a bunch of recipes planned for you guys through December.
(and many more in the new year too so keep on tagging along! ;) )
So if you haven’t signed up to get email notifications of new posts, do so now so you don’t miss these great holiday recipes!
You can sign up –> here. :)
Oh, and follow along on –> Facebook too, if you like, I’m always posting all kinds of recipes over there!
Apple Spice Cake … and it’s gluten free BUT you can prepare it with regular flour if you like.
It’s really tasty and has a beautiful, crunchy crust.
I used Pamela’s Artisan Flour Blend. (gluten free flour mix)
I have also made it with Pamela’s Baking Mix too.
- Grease and flour your pan and set aside.
- Mix together the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Then cut the butter into the dry mixture. (I always use my hands to do this, it’s just more effective)
- Add the sugar.
- Peel the apples and slice them. I use a spiral slicer. You can leave them as long pieces or cut them in half.
- Dust them w/additional flour and add to the flour/butter/sugar mixture.
- Beat eggs, add to the flour mixture along with the Almond milk (or regular milk)
Pat the mixture down into the pan. (it will be thick)
I used a tart pan because I have somehow misplaced my spring form pan.
That would work best for this cake.
Sprinkle the top with the sugar/pumpkin pie spice mixture.
Bake at 350 for approximately 50 minutes.
Cover with foil if it begins to brown too much before it is done inside.
Remove from the oven and enjoy!
It’s great eaten warm out of the oven with vanilla ice cream….
…or even vanilla custard. Yum.
I hope you like it as much as we do!
- 3 cups flour gluten free or regular
- 3/4-1 cup of sugar depends on desired sweetness
- 2 eggs
- 1 stick of butter
- 1/2 cup almond milk or regular milk
- 4 granny smith apples peeled and sliced
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
Preheat oven to 350
Grease and flour a spring form pan and set aside.
Mix together the dry ingredients in a bowl.
Cut the butter into the dry mixture. (I always use my hands to do this, it's just more effective)
Add the sugar.
Peel the apples and slice them. I use a spiral slicer. You can leave them as long pieces or cut them in half.
Dust them w/additional flour and add to the flour/butter/sugar mixture.
Slice and serve with vanilla ice cream or vanilla custard.
Beat eggs and add to the flour mixture along with the Almond milk (or regular milk) and vanilla. (batter will be thick)
Pat the batter down into the pan.
Sprinkle with the cinnamon sugar mixture.
Bake at 350 for approximately 50 minutes or until done. If the top starts getting too brown, lay a piece of aluminum foil over top for the remainder of the cooking time.
Related affiliate links you may like: