Happy Wednesday Friends!
I have a really simple recipe today.
Full of flavor and healthy too.
Garlic Roasted Endives
I just love these…..and I usually eat the whole tray myself.
It’s true. ;)
They start out like this….
I rinse well and cut those ends off.
Then I slice them longways….
…and add all that good stuff you see there.
It’s a mixture of Parmesan cheese, chopped walnuts–> (secret ingredient that really makes them tasty!), garlic, seasonings and olive oil.
Bake for about 15 minutes and then broil for about 5 to get them crispy on top.
They don’t look like much but they sure do taste good!
And they make a great side dish too.
Or even an appetizer or snack.
Here’s the recipe for ya!
- 3 endives, sliced into quarters
- 3 T shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 T chopped walnuts (chopped small)
- Salt, to taste
- Cayenne pepper, to taste (I like a bit of spice with everything, if you don't, omit)
- Lay the sliced endives on a baking pan or stone.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Sprinkle with garlic, Parmesan Cheese, walnuts and seasonings.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until tender.
- Broil for approximately 5 minutes to crisp the top layer. (keep an eye on them)