I’m back today with my last recipe before the holidays.
Sadly, I have misplaced my recipe I created for Red Velvet Cookies.
I have looked endlessly for it!
It was on a scrap paper that I was writing notes on for the recipe as I created it.
I never got around to writing it into my main cookbook.
Hopefully, I will come across it. If I do, I will still share it here.
Today I’m sharing a really easy BREAD PUDDING recipe.
I usually use a vanilla custard over it (which is so very good too) but decided to come up with something a little different.
Brown Sugar Bourbon Sauce….which ends up not the most lovely color but does have a lovely taste! ;)
You can also eat it without…..
Or even drizzle a bit of Maple Syrup over top and serve for breakfast.
It’s pretty versatile.
Add some nuts, some chocolate chips or even a bit of fruit.
Yummy, comfort food all the way!
You can use any bread you like but I like to use something like this….
Just cut it into 1 inch squares, mix the batter and pour into the baking dish.
Bake and done!
Be sure to serve this one warm.
Reheat if necessary.
I hope you enjoy it!
- 4 T butter
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 cups milk
- 3 eggs
- 2 t vanilla extract
- 2 small french loaves, cut into 1 inch squares
- Brown Sugar Bourbon Sauce:
- 3 T butter
- 1 T flour
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 cup ½ and ½
- 3 T bourbon
- dash of nutmeg
- Cut the bread into 1 inch slices and place into a large bowl.
- While you are doing that, melt the butter in the baking dish. (pop it into your preheated oven)
- In another bowl, mix the rest of the ingredients well.
- Pour into and mix with the bread.
- Pour into the baking dish with the melted butter.
- Bake at 350 for 20 min, take it out and stir, bake for another 30 or so minutes. (until lightly browned on top)
- Bourbon Sauce:
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan.
- Stir in the flour, mixing well.
- Slowly add the cream and bourbon.
- Whisk in the sugar and cook on med/low for appox 3-5 min, or until thickened.
- Add nutmeg and serve warm over the bread pudding.
Can be served with vanilla custard sauce or even maple syrup.
You can add chocolate chips or fruit and nuts.