I love casseroles.
Comfort food….there’s just something about them.
Plus they are usually pretty easy to throw together.
This one is no different….it’s incredibly quick and easy.
AND all you need is one bowl…and one baking dish!
That’s the best part.
Literally throw everything in…..and stir….and pour.
Pour into a 13×9 casserole. I doubled the batch this last time (because we love this recipe) so used 2.
I also used one can of tuna and one can of salmon because that’s all I had….it was great!
Top with Panko bread crumbs (optional), Parmesan cheese and a sprinkle of Cayenne pepper (also optional).
Bake at 375 for approximately 45 minutes, or until golden and firm.
Sprinkle with the juice of half of a lemon (or more…I like more, lots more!)
The lemon goes so well with all of the flavors in this dish.
The broccoli, the salmon, the hint of Dijon…all of it.
Cut and serve…..and enjoy.
It’s really very good. I always eat too much of it when I make it!
It’s a perfect one dish, one bowl, super quick and easy meal to throw together.
If you don’t like Salmon, you can sub Chicken or any other meat you like.
Here’s the recipe.
- 1 cup rice (I used Basmati)
- 1 can Cream of Mushroom soup
- 1-1/2 cans of water
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 small can salmon (or any meat)
- ½ cup plain, unsweetened yogurt
- ⅔ cup mayonnaise
- 4 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- ½ cup green pepper, diced
- ¼ - ½ cup Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 1 pkg (14 oz) broccoli florets
- Lemon Pepper seasoning
- juice of ½ lemon
- Panko bread crumbs
- Parmesan Cheese
- Cayenne pepper
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl (except the Panko bread crumbs, extra Parmesan cheese and cayenne pepper)
- Mix well and pour into a greased/sprayed casserole dish. (13x9)
- Sprinkle the Panko bread crumbs & Parmesan evenly over top. Sprinkle with Cayenne, if desired.
- Bake at 375 for approximately 45 minutes.
- Sprinkle the juice of ½ to 1 lemon over the entire top, cut and serve.
Crushed Ritz crackers can be used in place of the Panko bread crumbs.
I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!! :)
Sharing with: Tidy Mom